Just Peacemaking | The New Paradigm for the Ethics of Peace and War, Revised & Updated (Stassen)
+ CLICK IMAGE TO ZOOM
Customers also like. . .
Just Peacemaking: The New Paradigm for the Ethics of Peace and War is the product of 23 scholars across various denominations who have collaborated annually since 1992 to specify the 10 practical steps and develop the undergirding principles of this critical approach:
- Support nonviolent direct action
- Take independent initiatives to reduce threat
- Use cooperative conflict resolution
- Acknowledge responsibility for conflict and injustice and seek repentance and forgiveness
- Advanced democracy, human rights, and religious liberty
- Foster just and sustainable economic development
- Work with emerging cooperative forces in the international system
- Strengthen the United Nations and international efforts for cooperation and human rights
- Reduce offensive weapons and weapons trade
- Encourage grassroots peacemaking groups and voluntary associations
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Glen H. Stassen is the Lewis B. Smedes Professor of Christian Ethics at Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California. He received his Ph.D. from Duke University.
Paperback: 224 pages (6 x 9 in.)
Copyright © 2019 UCC Resources. All Rights Reserved. All prices USD.