Common English Bible Student Bible
Inviting young people into deeper forms of holiness, The CEB Student Bible helps them make connections between the world of the Bible and their own. Reading the Bible will change your heart and life. Living the Bible will change the world. The CEB Student Bible will help you to read and live by asking challenging questions, connecting the Bible’s words and today’s world, and showing you how to participate in the story of God’s people.
- An introduction to each book of the Bible by a top biblical scholar who has also worked in youth ministry. Each introduction gives an overview of the book, key themes, helpful tips for reading, and a list of quick facts.
- More than 400 articles by a diverse group of biblical scholars and youth ministers from over a dozen different denominations. These articles handle difficult topics and model what it’s like to really engage the Bible.
- Discussions for each book of the Bible by youth ministers. These include discussion questions, activities, and “Reading Differently” exercises for youth groups and small groups.
- Prayers and reflections by students—because young people aren’t just leaders for the future but prophets for the present, with unique insights and perspectives that the world needs to hear.
- Article indexes and a guide to the stories and passages of the Bible, both familiar and bizarre
- 16 pages of maps by National Geographic with a 12-page map index
What is the CEB?
The CEB is not simply a revision or update of an existing translation. It is a bold new translation designed to meet the needs of Christians as they work to build a strong and meaningful relationship with God through Jesus Christ. The CEB is perfectly suited for use in public worship and reading aloud. This bold new version avoids obscure words and outdated phrases, removing language barriers to ensure an enjoyable, natural reading experience for young and old, believers and seekers. The result is a completely accurate translation of the original texts that's relevant, readable, reliable, and easily understood today.
Who Sponsored the Common English Bible (CEB)?
The translators and editors that worked on the CEB are from various denominations and locations around the world. The CEB translation was funded by the Church Resources Development Corp, which allows for cooperation among denominational publishers in the development and distribution of Bibles, curriculum, and worship materials. The CEB Committee meets periodically and consists of denominational publishers from the following denominations: United Church of Christ (The Pilgrim Press); Disciples of Christ (Chalice Press); Presbyterian Church U.S.A. (Westminster John Knox Press); Episcopal Church (Church Publishing Inc); and The United Methodist Church (Abingdon Press).
Copyright © 2017 UCC Resources. All Rights Reserved. All prices USD.